Dr Subhashini Kadappu
Paediatric Ophthalmology & Strabismus, General Ophthalmology
MBBS, MS, FRANZCO
Language: English, Hindi, Kannada
Dr. Kadappu graduated from MAHE University in India. She underwent general ophthalmic training at Kasturba Hospital, Manipal, India and subsequently completed her Master of Surgery degree in Ophthalmology. She moved to Australia for further training and obtained the Fellowship of Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Ophthalmologists. She has completed subspecialty training in Paediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismology with Associate Prof. Frank Martin at The Children’s Hospital, Westmead.
Dr Kadappu has conducted research in Paediatric eye injuries at the Westmead Children’s Hospital. The findings of this research helped develop EYEPLAYSAFE, a web based interactive resource with a series of relevant and fun activities for children, centred on eye safety, located at www.eyeplaysafe.org.au. Dr Kadappu also conducts the STEPS (Statewide Eyesight Preschooler screening) Clinic at Bankstown Hospital.
Dr Kadappu is fluent in English, Hindi and Kannada.
Her publications include:
- Childhood eye injuries – Aetiology and Outcome. Clinical and Experimental Ophthalmology. In Press.
- Subhashini Kadappu, Allan Bank. Angle Closure Glaucoma – An Overview. Medicine Today. Feb 2010
- Subhashini Kadappu, Sue Silveira, Neil Rowe, Frank Martin. Paediatric Open globe Injuries – Aetiology and Visual Outcome. Clinical & Experimental Ophthalmology. 36 Supplement 2: A722, Nov 2008.
- Subhashini K R, Anshu Arora, Vijaya Pai H. Capsule contraction syndrome. AIOS Journal Jan 2003:33-34
- Subhashini K R, Subperiosteal Abscess-a diagnostic dilemma. Karnataka Ophthalmology Journal. Nov. 2002: 286
- Subhashini K R, Vijaya Pai H. Cataract surgery in eyes with congenital anomalies. AIOS Journal Jan 26000: 95-9