June Is Cataract Awareness Month!
personalEYES | 12 Sep 2019
Around half of Australians aged between over 65 to 74 have cataracts so it’s important that an entire month is dedicated to education and awareness!
A cataract may display a number of different symptoms and be caused by a variety of factors, including age, injury, and certain diseases. Cataract symptoms can include:
- cloudy or foggy vision
- blurry or distorted vision
- changes in colour vision
- frequent increases in eyeglass or contact lens prescriptions
- poor night vision (especially affected by headlights)
- progressive loss of vision
- halos or glare around lights
- double vision
- loss of contrast
- a white or ‘milky’ spot over the pupil of the eye