SMILE Laser Eye Surgery
When it comes to laser eye surgery, there are many options available. In fact, just at our clinic, we offer over 20 viable (and highly successful) treatment options for your eyes! Here, we talk about our latest treatment, SMILE, or Small Incision Lenticule Extraction.
What is SMILE Laser Eye Surgery?
SMILE is a relatively new form of laser eye surgery. It draws parallels to LASIK, with the same goals of cornea alteration to improve eyesight. However, where LASIK involves the cutting of the corneal flap with an excimer laser, SMILE does the same thing, without the flap.
Essentially what happens with SMILE, is that the surgeon, using a femtosecond laser, removes tissue inside your cornea, without having to cut the surface in order to gain access. It is as minimally invasive to your cornea, as possible.
SMILE Laser Eye Surgery’s Goals
- Improved eye vision for myopic and astigmatism patients
- Reduce surgery time
- Reduce costs
- Reduce risks
- Quicker healing time
The SMILE Procedure
- A SMILE operation is typically performed in a day surgery environment and takes approximately 15 minutes.
- Femtosecond laser creates a thin disc of tissue inside the intact cornea.
- Disc is then extracted.
- That’s it! It’s a very simple two-step procedure.
- Rest for about one hour before going home.
- Most patients resume normal activities/work/driving within 3–4 days. This is the same for most common laser eye surgeries.
For more information on our revolutionary SMILE procedures, costs or more, get in contact with us today!
Ready to see how we can help you?
We offer FREE Vision Correction, no obligation suitability assessment: we will thoroughly examine and measure your eyes, and discuss the options that will suit your lifestyle and your eyes.