The procedures we use are among the safest and most successful in the world. You can feel reassured that you are in excellent hands.
You will be given full instructions, prior to your surgery day being confirmed. However, the following is a guide to ensure your comfort and safety:
- Please arrive a few minutes early to your appointment time.
- You will be at our premises for around 2-3 hours.
- Before the operation, you may shower or wash as normal.
- You may like to wash your hair, and it is not recommended you wash your hair again for 2 days after the operation.
- Please avoid wearing any make up or perfume, and do not bring any jewellery with you.
- At the time that your appointment or consultation is made, you will be told how long you should fast for. Please adhere to the guides you are given.
- You should not wear contact lenses for at least 48 hours before your cataract surgery. Depending on your individual circumstances, you may be asked to use eye drops prior to surgery.
- You may take your usual medications. Please bring them with you to the hospital.
- It is recommended that you bring a friend along. They can be present during the operation, and are required to drive you home.