Problems reading close up?
Do you spend your life putting glasses on, taking them off... constantly looking for them, carrying them around everywhere, losing them, sitting on them?
Then you could be suffering from presbyopia.
When we reach our mid 40s, changes to our near vision make every day activities such as reading the newspaper or fine print, looking at menus, or text messaging more difficult. This is a natural process which affects everyone.
What you probably don't know is that there is a quick & easy laser treatment called INTRACOR to permanently fix your problem so you never need to wear reading glasses again. INTRACOR® (intrastromal correction of presbyopia) treatment can be an effective solution for correction of problems such as presbyopia.^
Vision correction is now possible in the least invasive way imaginable: purely intrastromally, without a flap.
How Does INTRACOR Work?
Taking only 20 seconds to perform, the INTRACOR procedure is a fast, gentle and effective* laser treatment. The treatment not only treats your near vision, but also maintains good vision at all other distances, intermediate and distance vision^.
The INTRACOR procedure uses a high-tech laser system called the TECHNOLAS Femtosecond Workstation which is made by a German company called Technolas Perfect Vision GmbH.
The entire procedure is performed without making a single surgical incision through the surfaces of the cornea as the laser is targeted to only work within the cornea, in an area called the stroma.
Presbyopia is corrected by a very gentle all-laser process which accurately adjusts the central shape of the cornea, the front of the eye, to bring near objects into focus.
The INTRACOR procedure uses the laser to make a series of precise, microscopic concentric ring patterns in the stroma which result in a minor alteration to the corneal curvature to compensate for the presbyopia.
Unlike conventional laser corrections, the INTRACOR procedure maintains the natural shape of the eye during the procedure to provide a more personalised and accurate treatment.
The whole procedure is over in just 20 seconds.
Benefits of INTRACOR
- Convenient & comfortable - The treatment takes only a 20 seconds and is very gentle
- Personalised treatment – the presbyopic correction is tailored to your unique eye shape and individual needs
- Immediate results – Your near vision will improve in just a few hours
- Quick return to normal activities – you can return to all your usual activities, including driving mostly after one day
- No need for glasses - Close vision is generally improved to a level that glasses can be completely discarded in most situations; many patients no longer need them
- Minimally invasive - the INTRACOR procedure does not involve open wounds or cuts on your eye’s surface: the risk of infection is minimised
- Clinically proven - the intrastromal treatment is effective*
What's the next step?
Take the next step to visual freedom today!
If you would like to find out if you might be suitable for INTRACOR®, or would like to discuss other options that may be available for you, please call us on 1300 NU EYES (1300 683 937), or book online for your free laser vision assessment.
* Ruiz LA et al. Intrastromal Correction of Presbyopia Using a Femtosecond Laser System. Journal of Refractive Surgery 2009;25;847-854. Mike P. Holzer, MD; Annett Mannsfeld, MSc; Angela Ehmer, MSc; Gerd U. Auffarth, MD Early Outcomes of INTRACOR Femtosecond Laser Treatment for Presbyopia (CE study results) Journal of Refractive Surgery 2009;25:855-861.
^ Subject to suitability—results can vary for each individual.