What to expect
Step 1: INITIAL ASSESSMENT (Valued @ $150)
The first step is to meet with one of our experienced, qualified surgeons. The consultation determines if you are a good candidate for laser vision correction.
Duration: 1 hour
- Thoroughly examine and measure your eyes to find out if you are suitable.
- Learn about your procedure options and what you can expect.
- Get honest straight forward answers and fees.
Options may include Phacoemulsification, in which a lens clouded by a cataract is broken up by ultrasound, or by implanting multi-focal lenses for the permanent treatment of presbyopia, a condition that sees many Australians needing reading glasses as they get older.
The initial consultation includes a review of your medical and ocular history, an examination of your eyes, a Refraction, and Corneal Pachymetry, and Corneal Topography measurements. The consultation takes between one and one and a half hours. You should bring your glasses or contact lenses, as well as your referral letter.
There will be no out of pocket expenses payable for this assessment.
Step 2: SPECIALIST CONSULTATION*
Duration: 3 hours
Transport: You are advised not to drive for about 2 hours after the check as your vision may be blurry. A pair of sunglasses may be helpful afterwards.
Contact Lens wearers: Prior to your appointment you may be advised not to wear your lenses for a period of time. This is to ensure the most accurate measurements. Soft lenses up to 2 weeks – hard lenses up to 4 weeks.
- A Specialist consultation must be completed at least a day before your procedure.
- Complete diagnostic tests and dilated eye examination.
- Set realistic vision goals.
- One-to-one session with our specialist on your queries and condition.
- Review the Informed Consent, Before and After Care and Medication Instructions for your procedure.
* Steps 1 & 2 can often be combined. Doctor consultation fees will apply depending on the tests required however these costs may be claimable through Medicare. Depending on the tests you may also need a referral so if you have one already please bring it with you.
Step 3: PROCEDURE
Duration: 1–3 hours
Transport: You will be advised not to drive for a minimum of 24 hours after the procedure.
You will be given a detailed pre-operative instructions for your procedure however in general:
- No make-up, perfume & deodorants.
- Follow post-operative instructions.
Step 4: FOLLOW-UP
Duration: 1 hour
1 day, 1 week, 1 & 3 months routine follow-up eye check after the procedure, either at a personalEYES centre or with a partnering optometrist.
We offer a FREE, no obligation suitability assessment: we will thoroughly examine and measure your eyes, and discuss the options that will suit your lifestyle and your eyes.